The town of Jejuri temple is renowned for one of the most pious temples in Maharashtra known as Khandoba Temple and is one of the popular tourist places in Pune. Jejuri is a town and municipality situated to the southeast of the Pune city. At a distance of 48 km from Pune Junction.
One of the most popular tourist attraction as well as one of most visited religious places in Maharashtra. Jejuri khandoba is also reffred as kuladaivat (family deity) in Maharashta. It is famous for Jejuri Khandoba or Khanderay temple, which is situated at the top of Jejuri gad.
You have cover few hundred steps to reach to the temple. Turmeric powder is offered to the god here. So every where you can see the bright yellow colour. If you want more adventure, then you can continue with the “kade pathar” trek.
HOW TO REACH JEJURI TEMPLE:
- Mumbai to jejuri distance is approx 200 kms vai Mumbai -> Bengluru highway.
- Nashik to jejuri is approx 280kms via Nh60 highway.
- Pune to jejuri distance by Road is approx 50 kms Via Hadapsar – Saswad – Jejuri Rd/Pandharpur Rd/SaswadRd highway.
- Pratibalaji temple
- National war museum
- Parvati temple
- dagdusheth halwai Ganpati temple
- Bajirao peshwa lake
- Morgaon Mayureshwar Temple
- Sinhagad fort
- Sangameshwar temple
- Ranjangoan Ganpati Temple
- Shaniwar vada