MATHERAN HILL STATION
Matheran hill Station is also one of top 5 hill stations in Maharashtra. It is a beautiful hill station situated in Maharashtra. Where you can see the green forest and natural landscape throughout the year. It is situated in Sahyadri mountain range. Matheran Weather is always cool throughout the year due it its huge area surrounded by forest region
This is the lowest height hill station stands at about 800 meters. Also, one of the most popular hill stations in western ghats. Where people come from Maharashtra, Gujarat and other Indian states to see nature’s scenic landscapes.
Matheran hill station is also one of the popular weekend destinations for the people from Mumbai and pune .It also has many restaurants and resort which makes the stay comfortable for the tourister.
There is also a Matheran toy train from Neral railway station which takes you to the Matheran hill station which is therefore one of the amazing attractions of Matheran as it travels through the hills giving the best view of the sahyadri hills.
You can’t travel or explore the whole matheran by walking so you need to hire a horse ride to get to all the points .
HOW TO REACH MATHERAN HILL STATION:
- The nearest railway station to Mathran is neral where most of the trains running from mumbai toward khopoli, karjat.
- If you are travelling from lonavala or pune the nearest station is karjat where most of the express trains stops at this station.
- You can take a private cab or sharing cab from neral or karjat which will drop you to the parking point of the hill station.
- Mumbai to Matheran is approx 80 kms via chowk from mumbai-banglore highway.
- As well as it is also well connected with neral-badlapur highway which is apporx 84 kms from mumbai.
- Matheran from pune is approx 120 kms via chowk from old mumbai-pune highway.
- Matheran from panvel is apporx. 48 kms.
1. One Tree Hill-A scenic one tree on the top of the mountain
2. Eco point- Eco sensitive destination
3. Monkey point-famous for different monkey species
4. Louisa point-lookout point for hikers and photographers
5. Panorama point-Panoramic view of mountains
6. Hart point-A very relaxing atmosphere
7. Khandala point-A view of kandala from this point
8. Shivaji’s ladder-the steps in shape of ladder
9. Honeymoon point -A honeymoon destination from britishers
10. Sunset point- A beautiful sunset clear view in evening
11. Charlotte lake-beautiful lake on hill station with scenic view