SHANI SHINGNAPUR TEMPLE
Shani Shingnapur temple is Located in Sonai village in Nevasa taluka of Ahmednagar district in Maharashtra. The village is known for its popular temple of Shani Mahadev, the Hindu god associated with the planet (graha) Saturn. This is one of the most popular Shani temples in India and also one of the famous Religious places in Maharashtra.
The idol of Lord Shanidev at the Shani temple is swayambhu and the temple is believed to be a jagrut devasthan, meaning that a deity still resides in the temple. The idol is personified in the form of a black stone which is five and a half feet high installed on an open air platform.
The entire village around the Temple has no doors to the houses. The villagers believe that god Shani punishes anyone attempting theft.
HOW TO REACH SHANI SHINGNAPUR TEMPLE :
- The nearest railway stations to Shani Shingnapur are Rahuri (32 km), Ahmednagar (35 km), and Shrirampur (54 km), Shirdi Railway Station (75 km). All major train halt at Ahmednagar,Shrirampur and Rahuri where as some special trains run from Mumbai to shirdi Railway station.
- One has to take auto-rickshaws, taxis, other private vehicles or local buses to reach the temple village.
- Mumbai to shani shingnapur via NH61 highway is approx. 294 kms.
- Nashik to Shani Shingnapur via NH60 highway is approx. 150 kms.
- Pune to Shani Shingnapur is approx. 161 kms.
- Shani Shingnapur from Shirdi is approx. 72 kms.